ASPRunnerPro supports the following third-party Rich Text Editors:
Basic Rich Text Editor
For more info on each editor, documentation, and examples, visit the vendors' websites.
Basic Rich Text Editor
This editor comes built-in into ASPRunnerPro. You don't need to download or configure anything - select it from the list of available Rich Text Editors.
This editor is lightweight, and the footprint is minimal. Documentation, support forum, and examples are available at http://www.kevinroth.com/rte/
To use this Rich Text Editor:
•Download InnovaStudio Editor from our website http://www.asprunner.com/files/innovaeditor.zip.
•Create a folder named innovaeditor under C:\Program files\ASPRunnerPro 10.3\source\plugins.
•Unzip InnovaStudio Editor files to the folder C:\Program files\ASPRunnerPro 10.3\source\plugins\innovaeditor.
After that, InnovaStudio Editor becomes available for selection in the Text area dialog.
InnovaStudio Editor adds about 1000 files to the generated application; the footprint is about 3.5Mb. InnovaStudio Editor documentation and examples can be found in the documentation folder.
Proceed to http://www.ckeditor.com and download the latest version of CKEditor. Unzip it into the C:\Program Files\ASPRunnerPro 10.3\source\plugins folder. After that, CKEditor becomes available for selection in the Text area dialog.
CKEditor adds 400+ files to the generated application; the footprint is about 2.5Mb. CKEditor documentation is available on the at http://docs.cksource.com.
To enable the image upload feature CKFinder, do the following (the instruction below applies to CKFinder 2.5.0):
1. Download CKFinder from http://ckfinder.com/download and unzip it into the C:\Program Files\ASPRunnerPro 10.3\source\plugins folder.
2. Turn on Enable Parent Paths option in IIS.
3. Edit the file C:\Program Files\ASPRunnerPro 10.3\source\plugins\ckfinder\config.asp in the following way: find the CheckAuthentication() function and change the line CheckAuthentication = false to CheckAuthentication = true.
4. Make sure you have one of the following image components installed on your web server: Persits.Jpeg, briz.AspThumb, AspImage.Image, shotgraph.image.
For example, to install shotgraph.image, download this component at http://www.shotgraph.com/download.htm and install it. Modify the file C:\Program Files\ASPRunnerPro 10.3\source\plugins\ckfinder\config.asp.
5. Edit the file C:\Program Files\ASPRunnerPro 10.3\source\plugins\ckeditor\config.js.
6. Edit file C:\Program Files\ASPRunnerPro10.3\source\files.txt.
7. Build your project with the CKEditor option enabled.
The CKFinder documentation is available at http://docs.cksource.com.